We are big on QuickBooks Online here at LedgerGurus. With QuickBooks Online’s accessibility, ease of use, great support, and powerful ecosystem, we believe it is a great fit as the accounting solution for most small businesses today. One big change is an 2018 updated QuickBooks Online Certification. As all of our accountants and bookkeepers are certified on QuickBooks Online, these changes are a big deal and we want to share what we know.
An article about the new QBO core certification spells out many details. Here is a summary:
- Timing: Launches in March 2018.
- Bad News: Everyone (including those who just took it) will need to recertify by July 31, 2018. Exact language: All ProAdvisors who are currently certified in QuickBooks Online (completed the exam between October 21, 2016 and February 28, 2018)
- Ugly News: All testing progress will be reset on February 28 just before midnight. If you’re in the middle of a certification, get it done.
- Good News: There is going to be a shorter recertification course for those who are already certified only covering new features. This makes us really happy.
- Also Good News: It sounds like the new training will be more scenario based. We’re curious to what this will look like as this sounds like a great improvement.
Here are some other details from this article:
- There will be a new Introduction to QBO for Accountants course.
- Looks like you will only have 3 attempts to pass then you are locked out for 60 days.
- It doesn’t look like QuickBooks Advanced certification is changing, but you will lose your progress on February 28, 2018.
There is a free virtual conference on March 21 & 22 that will cover QBO Core and Advanced certification training. The agenda looks really good with classes for each module. The company that is doing this is also the company that does Scaling New Heights, a great QuickBooks conference, so I expect it will be good. If you are someone who wants to apply for a job doing bookkeeping or accounting here LedgerGurus, consider attending and getting a jump start on QuickBooks Online certification.
If you want help with your accounting and you are considering or using QuickBooks Online, learn more about what we can do for you here.